Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Camp America
- Competitive + Return flight to New York
- United States
- Job term
- Job hours
- Part time
Spend summer 2014 living and working at a special needs summer camp in the USA, with people from all over the world. Working at special needs camp is one of the most unique, rewarding and memorable experiences you’ll ever have – and you’ll make the best friends you’ll ever have, that will last a lifetime!
Typically special needs camps cater to campers who have a variety of needs; from learning to emotional needs, from physical to mental disabilities. You'll generally assist a small group of campers with their day-to-day activities and will be required to spend your day ensuring they're enjoying the camps activities within a safe and fun environment. Although these camps can be challenging, previous experience is not required - but is always welcomed!
When camp is over, participants have the opportunity to travel within the US for 30 days – and this is one of the most popular aspects of the programme. International participants usually get together and travel in groups to famous locations such as Miami Beach, Hollywood, Las Vegas and, of course, New York.
Here’s what’s included in the Camp America package:
• Return flights from London to New York (with regional departures available)
• A 9 week placement at camp that’s perfect for you, with food and accommodation included
• Up to $1200 end of camp pay (depending on skills and programme you choose)
• The opportunity to travel around the States for up to a month after camp ends
• US visa support & sponsorship
• Comprehensive medical insurance covering you for the entire time you’re in the USA
• Exclusive partner offers from our sister companies Camp America Treks & GET Australia
• 30 days travel time after placement at summer camp ends
PLEASE NOTE: We do not require a CV or Cover Letter, so feel free to upload a blank word document to enable you to bypass this requirement.
- Alan Granger
Your application for ‘USA Special Educational Needs Teaching & Assistant Jobs’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!